Sons of the American Legion

See top for eligibility.
Obtain proof of your eligibility. Note: If the person who provides your eligibility is a member of The American Legion, eligibility documentation is likely not necessary; however you do need to provide his or her American Legion member ID number and Post information on your application. If the person who provides your eligibility is deceased, acceptable eligibility documents include: a. DD-214 Discharge Papers (not issued until after the Korean War) b. Official Military Orders c. Official Military Service Citations/Awards d. Letters related to the veteran’s military service. Must be on official government letterhead e. Certificate from the VA records center in St. Louis f. Data from the back of older discharges *DD-214 Discharge Papers can be requested online by visiting